Baby Nomad started, with my sister Claire as Nomad Holistic Therapies where we visited and treated people in their homes as well as at festivals, offices, parties, wherever we were needed.
I work with the highest quality essential oils that I blend according to your needs if you are having an oil based treatment. The differing therapies I offer are adapted to anytime during your pregnancy and post natally.
Receiving massage during your pregnancy can help with the following
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and musculo-fascial structures
- Assists in remedying many of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy: muscular discomforts, lower-back pain, upper-back pain, headaches, leg cramps, sciatica, stiffness, tension and knots, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, heartburn and acid reflux, fatigue, varicose veins, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, swelling, neck pain, sacroiliac and hip joint pain and constipation
- Increases blood circulation, which provides more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and fetus and stimulates the lymph system, thereby increasing immunity and removal of toxins
- Stabilizes hormonal levels and helps relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes
- Soothes and relaxes the nervous system by releasing endorphins into the mother’s body. As a result, the expectant mother feels more relaxed and at ease, and will also sleep more easily and more deeply
- Assists in maintaining good posture and adjusting to a changing alignment caused by the baby’s increasing weight. Massage increases muscle tone and flexibility, enhancing the ability to carry this extra weight while also relieving aches and pains, leg cramps and muscle spasms.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- promotes relaxation and stress relief
After carrying, laboring and birthing a baby (or multiple babies) a woman’s body can remain open and depleted of energy afterwards. Closing the Bones is a gentle, traditional wrapping procedure and postpartum massage to close the body, warm the mother and encourage a new flow of energy to be released.
During the massage and wrapping practice, the pelvic bones are encouraged back to their pre-pregnancy position and contraction of the uterus is supported. Blood flow is increased, which supports the immune system and has a cleansing effect on the body. The treatment leaves the mother feeling relaxed, refreshed, grounded and stronger.
In many cultures this wonderfully healing process takes place hours after the birth of the baby and is repeated as often as the mother prefers. Is it also beneficial for women at any stage of life, from post pregnancy through to menopause. We highly recommend every woman experiences the benefit of this amazing tradition at least once in her life!
Typically, a Closing the Bones session lasts between an hour and a half and two hours. Babies attend the session with their mummy and the practitioner will work around the needs of the mother and baby, pausing to accommodate feeding demands and sleep.
Benefits of Closing the Bones:
- Closure of the hips to pre-pregnancy position
- Supports healing – physically and emotionally
- Eases back and pelvic problems
- Aids the uterus and bladder to return to their natural position
- Releases fascia tissue
- Stimulates the immune system and helps cleanse the body
- Promotes pelvic stability
- Promotes a feeling of calm and well-being
- Stabilizes the flow of energy for the new mother